Articoli con tag: neapolis

Naples

 

Naples

Le cœur ancien  de la ville (Rettifilo -Rue  Foria – Rue Tribunali) peut être encadré dans la ville gréco-romaine. Ces  routes suivaient l’ancienne route de la ville. (Composé d’axes verticaux “Decumani» et axes horizontaux “stenopoi”,  caractéristiques de l’urbanisme  grec du cinquième siècle.)

La zone où  surgit Neapolis fut fortifiée par des murs de tuffeau.  Plus tard, il y avait la nécessité de renforcer les murs et partie de la ceinture de murs et en bâtir des noveaux. (IV siècle).

Grâce à l’ajustement  des parois d’axe,  la ville a réussi à résister à l’attaque de Hannibal. Des vestiges de ces fortifications sont encore présentes dans Piazza Bellini.

Pendant l’âge  romain,  par la restauration des murs, on  les couvrit avec du plâtre et en 440  ils furent étendus à l’ouest pour la défense du port  contre les Goths.

Les vestiges sont encore visibles aujourd’hui dans Piazza Bellini, elles  sont composés de blocs de calcaire en double rideau avec double système de contreforts. Pour la qualité de tuf et  la technique de construction et surtout étant donnés les signes de la carrière, on peut  dater ces ruines au quatrième siècle et c’ est possible de faire l’hypothèse que cette ligne de murs appartenait à une tour de défense.

scavi archeologici di Piazza Bellini

fouilles à Piazza Bellini

Sous l’hôpital des Incurables il y a un autre tronçon de mur datant du cinquième siècle. Construit en blocs de tuf granuleux haute 10,50 mètres. Le mur est attaché à  la colline, grâce à une série d’éperons mis  à environ 3 mètres les uns des autres.

Rares sont les signes de la carrière, qui sont fréquentes sur les blocs du quatrième siècle.

 

Le Temple de Dioscures

Dieux  pères de la ville étaient  Apollon, Déméter et les Dioscures.

Le culte du dieu Apollon, est dû au fondateur de la patrie Apollon de  Cuma. Déméter a été adorée comme Altaea à Naples et en son honneur a été célébrée la fête des lampes.

Des  Dioscures, nous préservons les restes dans  l’église de San Paolo Maggiore. Cette église fut construit entre les VIIIe et IXe siècles exactement au-dessus du temple préexistant dédié aux Dioscures.

L’ancienne structure se conserva jusqu’en 1538 quand elle fut partiellement démolie par les pères Teatini pour construire l’église actuelle avec la façade et l’apparence que nous voyons aujourd’hui.

De l’ancienne apparence  restent seulement quelques dessins de la Renaissance par Palladio.

Grace à ces dessins était possible de reconstruire l’architecture et le style du temple, qui avait une place sur le podium avec une façade hexastyle, avec deux colonnes corinthiennes sur les revers.

Les quelques vestiges parvenues  sont de l’époque romaine et ont presque certainement été modifiées par une restauration qui a eu lieu autour du premier siècle.

 

Le Théâtre Antique

Du théâtre antique  peux sont les restes, les quelques trouvailles  parvenues sont de l’époque romaine.

L’incapacité à faire des fouilles, fait l’hypothèse de la présence de l’ancien théâtre grec, juste en dessous des ruines du théâtre connu, invérifiable.

Les preuves littéraires qui nous renseignent sur le théâtre sont exclusivement d’époque romaine, liées à la passion de certains empereurs pour le théâtre.

Claudius Néron considérait  l’oeuvre théatrale napolitaine, la seule  qui pouvait   être  digne d’être vue par un empereur de son importance.

Á Néron on doit  l’invention de la  “Claque”,  ou un groupe de personnes nommées pour exprimer haute et forte leur appréciation pour la pièce  jouée.

Bien conservé est la construction de la scène. La façade extérieure a été divisée en trois ordres, chacun des 23 arches, sur des piliers  auxquels  se soutenaient de demi-colonnes. La capacité etait  d’environ 8000 personnes.

L’absence de fouilles rend difficile la datation des vestiges, qui semblent être du premier siècle.

Nous savons avec certitude qu’il a été endommagé par plusieurs tremblements de terre et l’éruption du Vésuve en 79, mais il reste inconnue, bien que plausible,  la possibilité que les restes  arrivés aujourd’hui ont subi des travaux de restauration.

À côté du théâtre il y avait l’ «Odéon. De celui-ci  laisse le témoignage Statius poète napolitain,  vécu au temps de Domitien.  De ce bâtiment aujourd’hui, il y a très peu de restes incorporés dans des bâtiments modernes.

D’autres bâtiments voisins, tels  que les thermes et le  Caesareum (galerie d’art) reste la seule mémoire littéraire.

Statue du Nil

La Place du Nil est nommé d’après la statue d’un dieu de la rivière. La statue est un viel homme couché, en  repos avec son côté gauche sur un rocher d’où jaillit l’eau. Il est  couvert en avant  par un manteau, et en arrière il est nu.  Sous ses pieds il y a  un crocodile, et la présence du sphinx fait allusion à l’Egypte.

Elle fut trouvé  au  1500 et seulement en 1734 a été placée sur le stand actuel.  Après plusieurs  rénovations  importantes, il reste peu de son aspect d’origine.

Statua del Nilo

la statue du Nil

Tombe de Virgile

Chez  l’église de Piedigrotta vous pouvez voir le tombeau du poète Virgile.

C’ est un monument funéraire à base  cube, la structure du mur est en béton. Á l’intérieur de la base, il y a la chambre funéraire, un carré avec une voûte en berceau éclairée par trois fentes.

Agnano

Face aux nouvelles Thermes, ont été trouvées les ruines qui nous permettent de déterminer avec certitude l’existence d’un complexe thermale  beaucoup plus âgé.

Le bâtiment principal fut construit sur une terrasse soutenue par un mur  terrassé étayée par des piliers, un autre mur avec 9 exèdres s’étendait à l’ouest.

La longue période d’utilisation des thermes  durant le Moyen Age, a modifié la plante d’origine.

Parmi les restes découverts, une grande importance a la statue de Vénus marine, aujourd’hui conservée dans la nouvelle station thermale.

Posillipo

Immergées dans la mer, en raison de bradyséisme  rendues inaccessibles, les ruines des villas du premier siècle se trouvent  au pied de la colline de Posillipo. Près de Gaiola  ont été retrouvés  des restes d’un Odéon.

Les monuments trouvés dans la région confirment que la colline était considéré comme une magnificence, en particulier grâce à la vue extraordinaire qui  permet d’admirer le golfe.

L’une  des plus célèbres villas est celle de Vedio Pollion, un  complexe appelé Pausilypon.

Aussi, on peut  regarder et encore aujourd’hui  traverser la grotte de Séjan, une longue passe de 800m traversant la colline et gagnant  la zone de Coroglio.

Grotta di Seiano

grotte de Séjan

Annunci
Categorie: Archéologie, Français | Tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Lascia un commento

NAPLES

The ancient core of the town  can be related to he Greek-Roman city (Rettifilo – Street Foria – Street Tribunali). Roads following the ancient main road of the city, (composed of vertical axes “Decumani” and horizontal axes “stenopoi” characterizing the  Greek town-planning  of the fifth century.)  The area where Neapolis arose was fortified by  tuff walls.

Later there was the need to reinforce the walls and partly rebuild some new ones. (IV century).

Due  to the adjustment of  the wall circle, the city managed to withstand the attack by Hannibal. Remains of these fortifications are still present in Piazza Bellini.

During Roman age  the walls restoration led to cover them with plaster,  and in  440 they were extended to the west for the defense of the port from the Goths.

Some remains are still visible in Piazza Bellini, they  are composed of tuff blocks in double curtain with double system of spurs. Due to its tufa quality and the construction technique and especially considering   the quarry signs, we can date these findings in the fourth century and it is possible that this line of walls belonged to a defensive tower.

scavi archeologici di Piazza Bellini

archeological escavations under piazza Bellini

Under the hospital of the Incurable there is another stretch of wall dating back to the fifth century. Built in grainy tuff blocks, 10.50 meters high. The wall is firmly built in the hill,  thanks to  series of spurs beds at about 3 meters from each other.

Rare are the signs of the quarry, which are ofte seen  on the blocks of the fourth century.

The  Dioscuri Temple.

Father Gods  of the city were Apollo, Demeter and the Dioscuri. The worship of the god Apollo, is due to the Apollo founder of the motherland Cuma. Demeter was worshiped as Altaea in Naples and in her honor was celebrated the feast of lamps. Of Castor and Pollux, we preserve the remains in the church of San Paolo Maggiore. The church of San Paolo Maggiore was built between the eighth and ninth centuries exactly above the pre-existing temple dedicated to the Dioscuri.

The old structure was preserved until 1538 when it was partially demolished by fathers Teatini to build the present church with the facade and appearance that we see today. Of the  ancient look,   only the Renaissance drawings by Palladio still remain.

Thanks to these drawings it was possible to reconstruct the architecture and style of the temple, which stood on a podium with hexastyle front, with two Corinthian columns on the lapels. The few remains are from the Roman period and almost certainly have been modified by a restoration which  took place around the first century.

The ancient Theatre.

We have only a few remains about the ancient theater. The few findings  are of Roman age.
The inability to make excavations, makes the hypothesis of the presence of the ancient greek theater, just under  the ruins of the  known theatre , unverifiable.

The literary evidence  telling us about the theater are exclusively of Roman age, related to the passion of some emperors for the theater. Claudius Nero considered the Neapolitan play,  the only one to  be considered worthy of being seen by an emperor of his importance. Nero was responsible for the invention of “Claque” or  a group of persons appointed to loudly express their appreciation for the play  in progress.

Well preserved is the building of the scene. The external fasade was divided into three orders, each of 23 arches, on pillars which stood against semicolumns.

The seat capacity was for about 8000 people. The absence of excavations makes  difficult  the  dating of the remains, which appear to be of the first century.

We know with certainty  it was damaged by several earthquakes and the eruption of Vesuvius in 79, but it remains unknown,  although plausible,  the possibility that  the remains  we see  today have undergone some  restoration work.

Next to the theater there was the Odeion.  We have some proofs about it  from the Neapolitan poet Statius, who lived in the time of Domitian.

Today of this building there are very few remains embedded in modern buildings. About other nearby buildings ,as the thermal bath and caesareum (art gallery)   only some literary memory remains.

Statue of the Nile

Nile Square is named after the statue of a river god.

The statue is an old man lying, resting with his left side on a rock from which water flows. He is anteriorly covered by a mantle  and posteriorly naked. Under his feet  there is  a crocodile, and the presence of the sphinx alludes to Egypt. It was found in  1500 and only in 1734 it was placed on the current stand.

Following several and important  renovations, very  little remains of its original appearance.

Statua del Nilo

Nile statue

 

Tomb of Virgil

Near  the church of Piedigrotta you can see the tomb of the poet Virgil. It is a funerary monument standing on a cubic base, the wall structure is made of concrete.

Inside the base there is the burial chamber, a square plan with a barrel vault lighted by three slots.

Agnano

In front of the new  Spa, some ruins were found  allowing  us to determine with certainty the existence of a  much older spa complex.

The main building was built on a terrace supported by wall buttressed by pillars, another wall with 9 exedras stretched to the west.

Due to the long use during the Middle Age, the plant got altered in its original structure. Among the findings, great importance has the statue of the  Sea Venus, now preserved in the new spa.

Posillipo

Submerged in the sea, because of bradyseism, there  are some inaccessible ruins of the villas  which  from the first century  stood at the foot of the  Posillipo hill.

Near Gaiola remains have been found of an Odeion.

The monuments found in the area confirm that the hill was considered a magnificence, especially thanks to the extraordinary view it allows to admire the gulf.

The  most famous villa is the one by Vedio Pollio, a complex called pausilypon.

Also we can watch and still cross the cave of Sejanus, a  800m long pass,   crossing the hill and reaching the area of Coroglio.

Grotta di Seiano

Grotto of Sejano

Categorie: Archeology, English | Tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Lascia un commento

NAPLES ENTRE LE MYTHE ET LA LEGENDE

Habituellement on date depuis le IX – VIII siècle la fondation de Naples par des colons grecs. Naples était habitée par des peuples autochtones qui abritaitent le tombeau de la sirène Partenope ( qui a donné son nom à la ville ) .

C’est le signe de la présence de cultes féminins présents sur toute la côte de Cumes – Misenus à Sorrente. La tradition veut que les sirènes habitent les Galli ( îlots près de la plage de Positano ) .

Li Galli - Positano

Li Galli – Positano

Le lieu de sépulture de la sirène a marqué la fondation de la ville nouvelle – Neapolis. Des siècles plus tard, on aura le déplacement de la tombe de Partenope sur la colline Caponapoli qui est devenu un lieu de placement des mythes fondateurs – Partenope a été générée par le dieu-fleuve Achéloos et mère Perséphone, et contenait des symboles rappélants des éléments primaires: ciel, terre, eau, sous-sol –

L’endroit où se trouve le tombeau de la sirène n’est pas connue. ( Etant un mythe ).

Au V siècle, après la naissance de Neapolis, la tradition veut que le tombeau se trouve à Caponapoli . Selon une autre tradition, le tombeau a été construit où se trouve aujourd’hui l’église de San Giovanni Maggiore (où sur une plaque du IX – X siècle, nous trouvons une invocation à la protection , à Partenope sirène).

D’autres pensent que le tombeau est dans le sous-sol du temple de Castor et Pollux (où il y a maintenant la Basilique de Saint Paul sur la Place San Gaetano ). Le mythe de la sirène dans la métamorphose du paysage fournit un lien vers ceux qui sont les principaux éléments . Le mythe veut que la sirène a été couché sur le golfe , et vous pouvez le constater en regardant la vue de Caponapoli au promontoire de Posillipo .

Ce mythe est né des idéaux grecs de la vénération de la nature, ce qui conduit à l’adoration du paysage, élément particulier de Naples comme un signe distinctif, pas un monument ou un site archéologique, ou des artefacts par le travail des hommes, mais la vue panoramique sur le golfe.

Juste cette origine grecque a influencé positivement et négativement la manière de vivre des Napolitains, avec des attitudes qui persistent encore aujourd’hui: intelligence, respect, l’amour de la connaissance, pour la vie extérieure, pour la conversation, à l’approche immédiate aux relations interpersonnelles, la conception de ville conçue seulement pour les zones urbaines, en distinguant la campagne comme le lieu des paysans.

Un autre membre de la mythologie de la région des champs Phlégréens est la Sibylle de Cumes, venue de Crète où elle serait Amalthée, la chèvre légendaire qui a nourri Zeus, et comme infirmière pré-existante au roi des dieux.

antre Sibylle de Cumes

antre Sibylle de Cumes

Categorie: Français, Histoire | Tag: , , , , , , , , | Lascia un commento

THE POOR HOSTEL

To combat unemployment , in 1746, Charles of Bourbon encouraged the textile industry and favored the settlement of foreign traders and Jews, who found the opposition of the clergy and of the people.

In this context, measures such as the expansion of the port and the arrangement of Marina Street were arranged. An extension of the big pier to the east and the construction of department stores were planned.

The small harbor was closed and there was the construction by Vaccaro of the Immacolatella Building. The walls were torn down towards the sea, and the Mergellina coast and the beginning of Posillipo Street settled.

Naples in the 1800s had all the conditions for being a capitalist town, whose primary need was consumption, although the main source of income was the construction activity only, but this could not give work to everyone, leaving out a very big share of unemployed people.

Under the Bourbon dynasty numerous road networks were completed . But we must say that these were often dictated by the need to improve connections to the Royal residences rather than improve roads for the purposes of trade .

The Royal sites are properties surrounded by a large area reserved for hunting.

Under the reigns of the first two Bourbon Kings residences were newly made by prestigious architects or already existing structures were adapted.

In 1750, following the invitation of King Charles, L.Vanvitelli and F.Fuga arrived in Naples. F. Fuga, in conjunction with the work for the Royal Palace in Caserta, was asked to build a structure that could house all the poor of the kingdom.

The hospice that was to house the poor was built in 1751 outside the Nolana Gate. A first project by Fuga included a square plan with four courtyards, according to the Vanvitelli style of the Royal Palace, but this was rejected. Because of the swampy nature of the ground which would have made the building difficult, the structure was moved to the foot of the hill of Capodimonte, where in previous centuries similar care structures were born.

The hospice would have to emphasize the generosity and affection of the Royal House for the subjects.

Fuga redesigned the hospice adapting to the new ground, proposing a structure with a rectangular base with 5 courtyards. Later two of these were cancelled due to costs reduction.

Even this project wasn’t completed, in spite of the fact in 1764, with works in progress, the structure already housed several people. In 1819, at the final interruption of work, the building housed over 2000 people.

THE POORS HOSTEL

THE POORS HOSTEL

Now the development of the hospice facade is 354m compared to the 600m included in the project. It is also noteworthy that the palace does not have an unfinished look, standing out the practical and functional aspect of the entire structure.

In 1750 Giovanni Carafa, Duke of Noja published, in the form of letters to a friend, the benefits that would have resulted from a precise map of the city of Naples. In this paper the urban problems of the city are analyzed. The need for a development plan stemmed from the lack of public facilities and the continuous increase in population.

The beauty and order as socio-political aspects, according to Carafa, would solve the economic and urban problems.

The topographic map by Carafa allowed to program ordered interventions, according to the greatest need, thanks to this new way of working, Naples started again being a European capital.

Duke of Noja,

Duke of Noja,

After the Duke of Noja’s death in 1769 the map was finished by his brother Giovanni Pignatelli, who varied it taking into account the urban changes that had been made up to that point. The work turned out very precise, so that still now it represents a valuable tool for those interested in Naples town-planning.

Categorie: English, Town-Planning | Tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , | Lascia un commento

TOWN HALL SQUARE

The current area of Town Hall Square experienced considerable change from the beginning, due to the presence of the harbor and the Castle. Since its origins, the Town Hall Square was made up of two large roads: the Dock street and the Castle Square.

Since a few years in the underground of Town Hall Square there are some works in progress for the new subway.

The discovery of intact ships and numerous archaeological finds made ​​it possible to establish with certainty the definition of this old harbor area in the city. It was possible to identify the ancient port between the original settlement of Palepolis and the one of Neapolis .

In the seventh century the harbor, after an earthquake, became a swamp and was covered by the construction of a new road. It must be said that today the Square has almost completely lost the characteristics mentioned in the literary chronicles by Salvatore Di Giacomo: enchanted place, bustling and popular. The wide square in front of the Castle has always played a primary role in the city. The guides describe it as early as 1500, among the main town squares.

The stratification in the Castle Square is expressed in a symbolic way as it was home fort the governing power.

stretch of Via del Molo eighteenth century

stretch of Via del Molo eighteenth century

The final configuration of this square will only happen in 1800, with the restructuring and the liberation of the Castle following the restoration works in 1884.

The Castle, at first residence of the Angevins: 1266-1442; of the Aragons: 1442-1503; of the Spanish Vice-kings: 1503-1707, underwent restoration works in the late nineteenth century, finished in the thirties of the twentieth century.

The Castle liberation intervention, with the reconstruction of the towers system, led the castle to be a symbolic image of the city .

During the Fascist period and from 1950 a new road system was established – the New Seaside Street – and interventions were executed leading to the definition of city on the habour, with a compulsory traffic junction just represented by Town Hall Square. Originally the area was made up of a naturally area within the city walls and the hill of Pizzofalcone .

Charles I of Anjou in 1279 decided to build a new fortress to use as a Royal residence instead of Capuano Castle – Norman residence built a century earlier.

The New Castle was initially rectangular in plan with several towers, of this initial structure only the Palatine Chapel still remains.

In this same period the pier was built and the arsenal was moved from the east nearer to the Castle along the coast, the ​​trade area shifted from San Gaetano Square to the Market Square.

The Angevin Castle was built on the site of the church of St. Mary ad Palatinium and around this spot more residential constructions developed. In the area close to the Castle in a short period administrative structures were built as well as homes of the Court officials.

City Hall Square and the Castle Square knew major changes during the Aragon period, thanks to the renovation project -1442 – of Alfonso of Aragon.

The New Castle was almost totally rebuilt and adapted to new defensive systems, towers assumed a circular and massive form, the triumphal arch was built, a marble entrance between two towers, a testimony of Renaissance Art in Naples.

Categorie: English, Town-Planning | Tag: , , , , , , , , , , | Lascia un commento

LA MALRIĈULARA RESTADEJO

Por kontraŭbatali senlaborecon, en 1746 Karlo de Burbonoj kuraĝigis la tekasaĵindustrion kaj favorigis la setlandon de eskterlandaj kaj hebreaj komercistoj, kiuj trovis kontraŭstaron de la klerikaro kaj la plebeoj. En ĉi kunteksto estis aranĝitaj projektoj, kiel la pligrandigo de la haveno kaj la rekonstruo de La Marborda Vojo.

Oni planis la plilongigon de la granda moleo orienten kaj la konstruadon de grandaj magazenoj. La malgranda haveno estis fermita kaj efektiviĝis la konstruo, fare de Vaccaro, de Palaco de la Senmakulino.

Estis faligitaj la muregoj ĉe la marflanko, rearanĝita la marbordo de Merĝelina kaj la komenco de Vojo Posillipo. Komence de la deknaŭa jarcento Napolo havis ĉiujn karakterizojn por roli kiel kapitalisma urbo, kies primara bezono estis konsumado, malgraŭ ke la unua gajnofonto estis ĉefe la konstruagado, tiu ĉi ne sukcesis peri laboron al ĉiuj, flankelasante egan nombron da senlaboruloj.

Sub la Burbona Dinastio estis multaj la vojretaj konstruverkoj plenumitaj. Necesas tamen diri, ke ofte tiuj laborplenumiĝoj celadis la plibonigon de vojkunligoj kun la Reĝaj rezidejoj, pli ol plibonigi la vojreton por komercaj celoj.

La Reĝaj rezidejoj estas proprietaĵoj ĉirkaŭitaj de vastaj terenareoj destinitaj al ĉasado. Sub la regado de la unuaj du Burbonoj estis efektvigitaj tutnovaj Reĝejoj fare de prestiĝaj arkitektoj, aŭ readaptitaj antaŭekzistantaj strukturoj.

En 1750, laŭ invito de Reĝo Karlo, alvenis en Napolo L. Vanvitelli kaj F. Fuga, al ĉi lasta oni konfidis, samtempe kun la laboroj por la Reĝejo en Kazerto (Caserta), ankaŭ la konstruadon de palaco, kiu loĝigu ĉiujn malriĉulojn de la Reĝlando.

La restadejo, kiu gastigu la malriĉularon, estis konstruita en 1751, ekster Pordego Nolana.

La unua plano de F. Fuga antaŭvidis kvarlateran strukturon, kun kvar kortoj, laŭ la Vanvitelli-a stilo de la Reĝpalaco, se ĉi plano estis malakceptita.

Pro la marĉa naturo de la grundo, kiu malfaciligus la konstruadon, la strukturo estis delokita ĉepiede de la monteto Capodimonte, kie jam dum la antaŭaj jarcentoj staradis strukturoj asistocelaj.

La malriĉulejo devintus montri kaj atesti la malavarecon kaj la amsenton de la Suverenoj por siaj regatoj.

Fuga planis la Malriĉulan restadejon adaptiĝante je la novaj grundokondĉoj, proponante strukturon kun rektangula bazo kaj kvin kortoj, poste du el ĉi kortoj estis forigitaj por redukti ka konstrukostojn.

Eĉ ne tiu ĉi plano estis plenumita, malgraŭ ke jam en 1764, dum la konstrulaborado, la konstruaĵo jam gastigadis plurajn personojn. En 1819, je la definitiva konstru-interrompo, la restadejo gastigadis pli ol 2000 homoj.

LA MALRIĈULARA  RESTADEJO

LA MALRIĈULARA RESTADEJO

Hodiaŭ la ekstera fasado de la malriĉulejo estas 354 metrojn longa, kontraŭ la 600 m. antaŭviditaj de la projekto, krome notindas, ke la strukturo ne havas aspekton nefinitan, male elstaras la karaktero praktika kaj funkcipova de la tuta strukturo – la Malriĉulara Restadejo.

En 1750 Johano Carafa, Duko de Noja, publikigis, en formo de leteroj senditaj al amiko, la avantaĝojn ricevotajn de preciza topografia karto de la urbo Napolo. En ĉi skribaĵo estas analizitaj la urboplanaj problemoj de Napolo.

La bezono por evoluplano derivadis pro la manko de publikaj strukturoj kaj pro la daŭra demografia plikresko. La belo kaj la ordo, kiel aspektoj soci-politikaj, por Carafa estus solvintaj la urbajn, ekonomiajn problemojn.

La topografia mapo de Carafa permesis programi ordajn intervenojn, laŭ plej urĝaj necesoj, kaj dank al ĉi nova agometodo, Napolo denove ekalprenis rolon de Eŭropa ĉefurbo.

Duko de Noja

Duko de Noja

Kiam la Duko de Noja mortis en 1769, la mapo estis finredaktita de la frato Johano Pignatelli, kiu ĝin modifis prikonsiderinte la urbajn ŝanĝojn alportitajn ĝis tiu momento. La laboro rezultis tre preciza, tiom ke plu hodiaŭ ĝi reprezentas valoran ilon por tiuj, kiuj interesiĝas pri Napola urboplanado.

Categorie: Esperanto, Urboplanado | Tag: , , , , , , , , , , , | Lascia un commento

PLACO DE LA URBODOMO

La nuna areo de Placo de la Urbodomo travivis, ekde sia origino, rimarkindajn transformiĝojn, pro la ĉeesto de la haveno kaj de la kastelo.

Ekde la estiĝo, Placon de la Urbodomo konsistigis du grandaj vojaksoj: vojo de l’ Kajo kaj Larĝejo Kastelo. Ekde kelkaj jaroj estas efektivigataj laboroj por la nova metro-linio en la subgrundo de Placo de la Urbodomo.

La eltrovo de integraj ŝipoj kaj de multnombraj arkeologiaj elfositaĵoj permesis fiksi kun certeco la difinon de antikva havenareo de la urbo. Estis eble identigi la antikvan havenon inter la origina setlado de Palepolis kaj tiu de Neapolis. En la VII jarcento pro tertremo la haveno fariĝis marĉloko kaj sekve ĝi estis kovrita por la konstruo de nova vojo.

Necesas diri, ke hodiaŭ la Placo preskaŭ tute perdis la karakterizojn cititajn en la literaturaj kronikoj de Salvatore di Giacomo – loko ensorĉa, homoplena kaj populara – la larĝejo de la Kastelo ĉiam rolis unualoke en la urba medio.

La gvidlibroj ĝin priskribas, ekde 1500, inter la ĉefaj Placoj de la urbo. La urba surtavoliĝo en la larĝejo de la Kastelo jam embleme esprimiĝis, ĉar ĝi estis la elektita loko por la loĝejoj de la potenculoj.

La definitiva konturiĝo de ĉi Placo okazos nur en 1800 per la restaŭrado kaj liberigo de la Kastelo pro la resanigaj laboroj de 1884. La Kastelo, dekomence rezidejo de la Anĵuoj: 1266-1442; de la Aragonanoj: 1442-1503; de la Hispanaj Vic-reĝoj: 1503-1707; iĝis restaŭrocelo je la fino de la XIX jarcento, kaj finrestaŭrita en la tridekaj jaroj de la XX jarcento.

La liberiga interveno per la rekonstruo de la tursistemo portis al simbola reaserto de la Kastelo kiel imagbildo de la urbo.

Dum la faŝisma dujardeko kaj ekde 1950 oni prifiksis la novan vojreton – Vojo Nova Marbordo – kaj estis efektivigitaj intervenoj celantaj starigi ĉehavenan urbon, per deviga trafiknodo ĝuste reprezentita de Placo de la Urbodomo. Origine la areon konsistigis etendiĝanta natura grundo, inter la urbomuregoj kaj la monteto Pizzofalcone.

Karlo I de Anĵuo en 1279 decidis konstruigi novan fortreson kiel Reĝan rezidejon, anstataŭ Kastelo Capuano – Normanda rezidejo konstruita antaŭ unu jarcento. La Nova Kastelo unue estis laŭ plano kvarangula kun multnombraj turoj, el tiu komenca strukturo hodiaŭ plu restas nur la Palatina Kapelo.

En tiu ĉi sama periodo estis konstruita la kajo, kaj la arsenalo estis delokita el oriento ĝis apud la Kastelo, ĉe la marbordo, la komerca areo forlokiĝis de Placo Sankta Gaetano al Placo Merkato.

La Anĵua Turkastelo estis konstruita sur la areo de la Preĝejo Sankta Maria ad Palatinum, kaj ĉirkaŭ tiu ĉi disvolviĝis la rezidejaj konstruaĵoj. Ĉe la kastelareo baldaŭ, krom la administrejaj strukturoj, stariĝis la loĝejoj de la Kortegaj funkciuloj.

Placo de la Urbodomo kaj Larĝejo de la Kastelo ekkonis grandajn transformiĝojn dum la Aragana periodo, dank al la rearanĝoplano – 1442 – de Alfonso de Aragono.

La Nova Kastelo estis preskaŭ tute rekonstruita kaj adekvatigita je la novaj defendosistemoj. La turoj alprenis rondan kaj masivan formon, estis alkonstruita la Triumfarko, la marmora enirejo inter du turoj, atesto de la napola renesanca arto.

Categorie: Esperanto, Urboplanado | Tag: , , , , , , , , , , | Lascia un commento

Albergo dei Poveri

Per combattere la disoccupazione nel 1746 Carlo di Borbone incoraggiò l’industria tessile e favorì gli stanziamenti di commercianti stranieri ed ebrei, che trovarono l’opposizione del clero e della plebe.

In questo contesto furono inseriti provvedimenti come l’ampliamento del porto e la sistemazione di via Marina.

Si progettò un prolungamento del molo grande verso oriente e la costruzione di grandi magazzini.

Il porto piccolo fu chiuso e si ebbe la costruzione ad opera di Vaccaro dell’edificio dell’Immacolatella.

Furono demolite le mura verso il mare , e sistemata la costa di Mergellina e l’inizio di via Posillipo.

Napoli a cavallo dell’800 aveva tutte le condizioni per essere una città capitalistica

il cui bisogno primario era il consumo , nonostante la maggiore fonte di guadagno fosse unicamente l’attività edile,questa non riusciva a dar lavoro a tutti, lasciando fuori una grossissima fetta di disoccupati.

Con la dinastia dei Borbone numerose furono le opere viarie che furono portate a termine.

Bisogna però dire che spesso erano dettate dalla necessità di migliorare i collegamenti con le residenze reali piuttosto che migliorare i collegamenti ai fini del commercio.

I siti reali sono proprietà circondate da un vasto territorio riservato alla caccia.

Sotto i regni dei primi due Borbone furono fatte residenze ex novo ad opera di prestigiosi architetti o riadattate strutture preesistenti.

Nel 1750 su invito del Re -Carlo- giunsero a Napoli L.Vanvitelli e F.Fuga a quest’ultimo in concomitanza ai lavori per la reggia di Caserta gli fu chiesto di costruire un fabbricato che potesse ospitare tutti i poveri del regno.

L’ospizio che doveva ospitare i poveri fu costruito nel 1751 fuori porta Nolana .

Un primo progetto di Fuga prevedeva una struttura a pianta quadrata con quattro cortili , sullo stile Vanvitelliano della reggia,ma questo fu scartato.

A causa della natura paludoso dal terreno che avrebbe reso difficoltosa la costruzione, la struttura fu spostata ai piedi della collina di Capodimonte dove già nei secoli precedenti erano nate strutture di tipo assistenziale.

L’ospizio avrebbe dovuto sottolineare la magnanimità e l’affetto della casa reale per i sudditi.

Fuga riprogettò l’ospizio adattandosi al nuovo suolo, proponendo una struttura a base rettangolare con 5 cortili, in seguito due di questi furono soppressi per la necessità di riduzione dei costi.

Neanche questo progetto fu portato a termine nonostante già nel 1764 a lavori in corso la struttura ospitava già diverse persone.

Nel 1819 alla definitiva interruzione di lavori lo stabile ospitava oltre 2000 persone.

Albergo dei Poveri

Albergo dei Poveri

Oggi lo sviluppo frontale dell’ospizio è di 354 metri contro i 600 previsti dal progetto, inoltre è da notare come la struttura non abbia un aspetto incompiuto,risalta invece il carattere pratico e funzionale dell’intera struttura – Albergo dei Poveri –

Nel 1750 Giovanni Carafa duca di Noja pubblicò sotto forma di lettere inviate ad un amico

i vantaggi che si sarebbero avuti da un esatta carta topografica della città di Napoli.

In questo scritto sono analizzati i problemi urbanistici della città.

La necessità di un piano di sviluppo derivava dalla carenza di strutture pubbliche e dal continuo aumento demografico.

La bellezza e l’ordine come aspetti socio-politici per Carafa avrebbero risolto i problemi economico-urbani.

La mappa topografica del Carafa permise di programmare gli interventi con ordine, a seconda nella maggiore necessità, grazie a questo nuovo modo di operare Napoli si avviò nuovamente verso l’essere capitale europea.

Carta del duca di Noja

Carta del duca di Noja

Morto il duca di Noja nel 1769 la pianta fu terminata dal fratello Giovanni Pignatelli che la variò tenendo conto delle modifiche urbane che erano state apportate fino a quel momento. Il lavoro risultò molto preciso sicchè ancora oggi rappresenta uno strumento valido per quanti si interessano di urbanistica napoletana.

Categorie: Italiano, Urbanistica | Tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , | Lascia un commento

Piazza Municipio

L’area attuale di piazza Municipio ha vissuto sin dalle origini notevoli trasformazioni , a causa della presenza del porto e del castello.

Sin dalle origini piazza municipio era costituita da due ampi assi stradali: via del molo e largo del castello.

Da qualche anno sono in corso nel sottosuolo di piazza Municipio i lavori della nuova metropolitana .

Il rinvenimento di navi integre e di numerosi reperti archeologici ha permesso di stabilire con certezza la definizione di antica area portuale della città.

è stato così possibile identificare l’antico porto tra l’originario insediamento di Palepolis e quello di Neapolis.

Nel VII secolo il porto in seguito ad un movimento tellurico subì un impaludamento e fu coperto dalla costruzione di una nuova strada.

Occore dire che oggi la piazza ha perduto quasi completamente le caratteristiche citate nelle cronache letterarie di Salvatore Di Giacomo -luogo incantato, brulicante e popolare-

lo slargo del castello ha sempre avuto un ruolo primario nell’ambito cittadino.

Le guide lo descrivono fin dal 500 tra le principali piazze cittadine.

La stratificazione cittadina nel largo del castello è espressa in modo emblematico in quanto è stato sede delle dimore del potere.

scorcio di via del Molo XVIII secolo

scorcio di via del Molo XVIII secolo

La configurazione definitiva di questa piazza si avrà soltanto nell’800 con il restauro e la liberazione del castello in seguito ai lavori del risanamento -1884-

Il castello inizialmente residenza degli Angioini -1266,1442- degli Aragonesi .1442,1503- dei vicerè spagnoli 1503,1707,

fu oggetto di restauro alla fine del XIX secolo e ultimato negli anni trenta del XX secolo.

L’intervento di liberazione con la ricostruzione del sistema di torri ha portato all’affermazione simbolica del castello come immagine della città.

Durante il ventennio fascista e a partire dal 1950 si determinò il nuovo sistema di viabilità – via Nuova Marina- e furono eseguiti gli interventi che portarono alla definizione di città sul porto , con un nodo di traffico obbligatorio rappresentato proprio da piazza Municipio.

In origine l’area era costituita da una distesa naturale tra le mura della città e la collina di Pizzofalcone.

Carlo I D’Angiò nel 1279 decise di costruire una nuova fortezza da adibire a residenza reale in sostituzione di Castel Capuano – resdenza normanna costruita un secolo prima-

il nuovo castello inizialmente era a pianta quadrangolare con numerose torri, di questa iniziale struttura oggi rimane solo la Cappella Palatina.

In questo stesso periodo fu costruito il molo e l’arsenale fu spostato da oriente a ridosso del castello vicino la fascia costiera,la zona del commercio si spostò da piazza S.Gaetano a piazza mercato.

Il Maschio Angioino venne costruito sull’area della chiesa di Santa Maria ad Palatinum e intorno a questo si sviluppò l’edilizia residenziale.

Nella zona a ridosso del castello in un breve periodo oltre alle strutture amministrative sorsero le abitazioni dei funzionari di corte.

Piazza municipio e largo del castello conobbero grandi trasformazioni nel periodo Aragonese, grazie al progetto di risistemazione -1442- di Alfonso D’Aragona.

il Castelnuovo fu quasi totalmente ricostruito e adeguato ai nuovi sistemi difensivi,

le torri assunsero una forma circolare e massiccia, fu costruito l’arco di trionfo , ingresso marmoreo tra due torri , testimonianza dell’arte rinascimentale napoletana.

 

Categorie: Italiano, Urbanistica | Tag: , , , , , , , , , , | 2 commenti

NAPLES BETWEEN MYTH AND LEGEND

Usually the foundation of Naples by Greek colonies is dated back to the VIII – IX century b. Ch.
Naples was peopled by autochnonous peoples who preserved the grave of” Sirena Partenope “( giving the name to the town ).
This is the sign for the presence of female cult all along the coast, from Coma–Miseno till Sorrento .
The legend says that Sirens lived in Galli ( little islands near Positano beach )

Li_Galli_Copia

In the burial place of Sirena the new town – Neapolis – was erected.
After centuries, the Partenope grave was moved to Caponapoli hill, which became the place of the mythical founders –
Partenope was procreated by river God Acheloo and her mother Persenofe: primaries elements –sky – earth – water – subsoil – were mixed in Her.
The grave place of Sirena is unknown ( being a myth ).
In the V century, after Neapolis rising, tradition says that the grave was to be in Caponapoli .
According to another tradition, the grave is today in S. Giovanni Maggiore church ( where on a IX –X century tombstone a protection invoke to Sirena Partenope can be read ) – Someone else thinks, the grave is on the temple basement of Dioscuri ( where S. Paolo Basilica on S. Gaetano square is located).
The metamorphosis myth of Sirena into the landscape gives a link to the formerly elements.

Such a myth tells about the Sirena lying on the Gulf, where she can be observed through the panorama admired from Caponapoli to Posillipo promontory.
Myth born from Greek ideals of nature worship, driving to the respect of the landscape, such an element being a particular sign of Naples, not a monument or archeological site, not a particular historic tool handmade by man, but the landscape of the Gulf.
Just this Greek descent, influenced in a positive or negative way the style of Neapolitan characters which even today keep existing – cleverness, respect, passion for knowledge , for living in open air, for conversation, for meeting each others, understanding the town as an urban territory,
distinguishing the countryard as a place of boorish peasants.
One more myth in the Flegrean area is the Cuma Sibyl, who arrived from Crete, where she was Amaltea, the mythic goat feeding Zeus, as a nursing mother pre existing King of Gods.

 antro  della sibilla

Categorie: English, History | Tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Lascia un commento

Crea un sito o un blog gratuitamente presso WordPress.com.